October 12, 2010

Nyquil with a Necklace, Please

We love Fall here at Ben-Amun. Pumpkins are popping up at corner markets, hot coffee is back in sesason- not to mention hot apple cider, yum- and excitement for the holidays ahead is in the air.  Maybe it's the leaves changing in Central Park or maybe it's just the new fall clothes that make us a little dizzy with excitement.

Either way, the last thing a New Yorker wants is to miss one single day of fall. Which is why when I woke up feeling under the weather today, I was a little more disappointed than anyone should be about staying home from the office.

Bah! Humbug!

Well, if anyone thinks I'm taking this lying down, they're wrong.... that is... after a 4 hour nap, but after that 4 hour nap, I'm putting up a good fight! How? You ask. Well, let me share my strategy for beating any 'Stuck-in-the-Apartment-During-Fall-in-New-York-Blues'. It's catchy right?


Step 1. Make-up
In particular liquid eyeliner and blush. Who ever thought a girl with a smart eye and a pink cheek was down and out?

Step 2. Brush Hair
Simple enough.

Step 3. Put on Jewlery
I realize if a stranger walks into my apartment and I'm wrapped in a blanket with a full, fresh face of make-up and a dazzler strung around my neck I might seem a little crazy, which is why Step 2 is brush hair.


All jewelry, Ben-Amun by Isaac Manevitz.
Available at www.maxandchloe.com.

Step 4. Put on your very favorite shoes. Why? If it turns out the stanger who walks into your apartment isn't scared straight by how put together you are from the neck up, then you can always run!

No comments:

Post a Comment