October 7, 2010

Sugar and Spice...

...and a fantastic Art Deco bracelet?! These are the things that dreams are made of. The dreams of a girl who works at an amazing luxury costume jewelry company, at least.

All Ben-Amun jewelry is made right here in our office. Well... by 'our office', I mean the factory attached to the office. Nonetheless- all day, everyday I can see people crafting the jewelry with their fancy tools and bare hands.

Yesterday, I got jealous. I got the itch that all 9-6, stare at a computer screen, New Yorkers get. I wanted to make something. At first, I thought big. I wanted to build a house! I wanted to cut the wood, hammer the nails, put up the siding! I could do it myself!
Upon the realization that I didn't know how to do any of those things- not to mention my lack of property and building code knowledge, I thought smaller. I would plant an herb garden. I could do that.
Then my impatience kicked in. I wasn't looking to wait for the fruits of my labor to sprout up. So I thought quickly. I thought about the fruits of my labor. Fruit... I have apples, too many apples! I like food. Food happens fast. What could I do with too many apples? Alas, my Perfect Apple Pie idea was born, courtesy of the great Martha Stewart.
I had my idea. The obvious next step was to answer the question, 'What do I wear to bake an apple pie?'. Obviously. Here's what I came up with.

Baking in NYC

  The dress featured is Kate Spade. The shoes are Louboutin (It's my dream!) The Jewelry is all Ben-Amun by Isaac Manevitz.

Baking in the Country
 
 The sweater is Ever, Hoopa Knit Sweater. The Jeans are Joe's. The Shoes are Emu Austrailia. All of the Jewelry is Ben-Amun by Isaac Manevitz.

The pie turned out wonderfully. My outfit fell somewhere in between. I mean... my heat hasn't been turned on and it was freezing in my apartment! I looked more like the abominable snowman that Jackie O. But hey, a girl can dream, right?

No comments:

Post a Comment