November 5, 2010

Megastylish!

This is my first semester interning in NYC, and I must admit I love the perks that come along with the hard work. This Wednesday, I attended my first movie premiere (super excited!) courtesy of Ben-Amun . This may not be a big thing for a lot of people but for me... it was bliss!

The IMAX Theater at Lincoln Center was premiering Megamind, starring Brad Pitt (Yes, I said Brad Pitt!), Tina Fey and Will Ferrell. Although I didn't get to see any of the stars, the free popcorn and soda definitely made my night.

That's me at the premiere!

Not only was there free food and laugh-out-loud comedy, this was the first time I saw a movie in 3D. Before Wednesday I was not a big fan of the recently popular craze, nor was I crazy about the price. I have to admit, the special effects put everything right in your face. Maybe there is something to this fad after all?

I couldn't help but notice Roxanna’s (Tina Fey) pearl earrings, during the movie. In the middle of the movie I thought “Do all cartoon characters wear jewelry?”

Check out the tiny pearl studs!
  
As soon as I got home, I did a little research and noticed that one of my favorite characters of all time- Princess Jasmine- was one of many animated characters with stylish accessories.




Even Rugrats' 'All Grown Up' Angelica knows how to accessorize her outfits with funky jewelry, while still terrorizing her “babies…"



And who can forget cartoon vixen Betty Boop in her gold hoops and bangles. She always knows how to keep the boys looking.


I realize it's only November 5th... but next Halloween is only getting closer, and a Princess Jasmine costume has my name written all over it. Plus, now I know where to find all the accessories I'll need- Ben-Amun, of course!

All jewelry, Ben-Amun by Isaac Manevitz.
Available by phone at (212) 944-6480.



No comments:

Post a Comment