November 16, 2010

A Fond Farewell

Today is a big day here at Ben-Amun (for me, at least), because it is my last day! I'm the kind of person who always finds change to be a very bittersweet thing. No matter how exciting the next thing is, I always want to hang onto the old for just a little bit longer. With that in mind, I've written today's post.

As you may know, each morning I sit down and get my 'daily-fashion-rundown' from all my favorite blogs. Today when I was reading up on the news, I kept seeing jewelry in all the strangest places. A shoe clip here, a wedding dress there. It's all jewels and baubles to me!

This all started when I was catching up with A Cup of Jo.
Heart Shoe Clips by Ban.Do

How could I not see the similarity?! It's uncanny! Plus, this Kasbah Cuff is a favorite piece of mine. It comes in necklace form, too. And you can get it with turquoise stones! It's amazing.

The 'big' news of the morning was Prince William's engagement to Kate Middleton. First, I saw a post on Fashionista and then later on Refinery29, both pondering what kind of dress Kate would wear. Of course, I began thinking about what kind of jewelry she would compliment the dress with.



For me, Kate has always been a classic beauty. I think she'll take a modern approach to royal jewels and keep them around, but tone them down. Hey, it's her day to shine anyway!

Today also seemed like the day of holiday gift guides. On DailyCandy, I clicked through '30 Gifts Under $30' and found this!



Mobile by Artecnica 

Brights! They're going to be huge for spring!

Framed is... well... not so much a fashion blog, as it is a guilty pleasure!


I know, I know. These don't really resemble each other... but I'm sure I could wear these fantastic new earrings, while making these delicious treats without a hitch!

So this is it, ladies and gents! Don't worry too much though... I'm sure you'll be hearing from me again, soon enough!

All Jewelry, Ben-Amun by Isaac Manevitz.
Available by phone at (212) 944-6480.



No comments:

Post a Comment